THE FUTURE OF FOOD IS HERE
THE FUTURE OF FOOD IS HERE
World-renowned vegan chef Matthew Kenney has committed his life to plant-based innovation, as well as wholesome nutrition emphasizing the use of organic, unprocessed ingredients to achieve healthy, aesthetically refined, and flavorful cuisine.
A chef-d’oeuvre, PLANTLAB shares the innovations Kenney has tirelessly created to define a more plant-centric future. From root purees and soups to kale polenta and pizza, the 90-plus recipes employ a modern, creative approach organized in four sections that build on progressing skills: Fundamentals, Advanced Techniques, Professional, and Food Future. This unique structure—inspired by his experimental kitchen and laboratory in Belfast, Maine—allows you to cook at a level you are comfortable with and build on what you learn. Throughout, Kenney expands on cutting-edge food technology and innovative techniques, such as smoking, fermentation, and thermal immersion. So no matter your skill level—even if you never held a chef’s knife—PLANTLAB is accessible to anyone who wants to create plant-based dishes that are vibrant and healthy—and good for the planet.
Elegantly designed and gorgeously photographed by Adrian Mueller, PLANTLAB celebrates innovative vegan cuisine at its best.
Matthew Kenney is a chef, entrepreneur, and the founder of Matthew Kenney Cuisine, an integrated lifestyle brand focused on plant-based cuisine and wellness. Kenney graduated from the French Culinary Institute and developed a number of restaurants in New York City before focusing his career entirely on plant-based foods. His distinctive culinary style utilizes the highest quality local and seasonal ingredients coupled with innovative techniques and a vibrant, creative approach influenced by Southern California, where he lives and works. Kenney has received a number of awards, including Best New Chef in America by Food and Wine Magazine, two nominations for Rising Star Chef in America by the James Beard Foundation, and VegNews Chef of the Year, and has appeared on numerous talk shows, as well as in two highly viewed TEDx talks on the topic of plant-based cuisine.
- BON APPETIT—Chefs Have a Responsibility to Build a Plant-Based World:
- TIME—5 Famous Cooks Share How to Make Vegetables Taste Great:
- VOGUE—4 Vegan Holiday Desserts That Will Please Everyone in the Family:
- 2017 Vegan Cookbooks We Can’t Cook Without:
- PLANT BASED NEWS—Exclusive: Vegan Celebrity Chef Matthew Kenney Shares Amazing Festive Recipes:
- FEAST YOUR EYES: PLANTLAB by Top Vegan Chef Matthew Kenney Is Out This Week:
- EAT YOUR BOOKS—Top Cookbooks of 2017:
- THE INDEPENDENT—9 Best Vegan Cookbooks:
- VOGUE UK—Seven Of The Best Vegan Cookbooks: